Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The Old Lady Within

I'm pretty sure that somewhere deep down inside I am just a little old lady in disguise. Why do I say that you ask? Well, mostly, because I have recently realized that I have an intense love for things made of crystal or lace - things like random crystal bowls and lace handkerchiefs - things that make me picture those little old ladies that have lace doilies with an ornate crystal candy dish on them somewhere in their living room. You know the ones. If you're around my age, I'll bet your grandma had or still has one or two in her house. This revelation hit me after I got home from shopping recently and realized that the two new tops I had purchased were both antique lace-ish. I think what I like about lace and crystal is that they are so delicate and elegant. Okay - and they make me feel fancy! There, I said it, and it sounds kind of funny to me too, so go ahead and laugh at me a little. Funny thing is - I don't think I have any lace or glass items currently included in my household decor. Hmmmm....maybe I should embrace my inner old lady and set out a nice candy dish in the family room.


No comments:

Post a Comment